Not every company has the budget needed for a large-scale marketing campaign, whether it’s inbound or outbound. This is especially true for smaller Dallas businesses. If you own a smaller company, don’t worry – there are still plenty of ways to effectively market your brand. In fact, you could be using guerilla marketing tactics in order to advertise your business. Guerilla marketing tactics are unique and effective ways to advertise without needing much of a budget. Both smaller companies and larger companies have made use of guerilla marketing tactics in order to increase the awareness of their brand.
The following are a few common guerilla marketing tactics that companies often employ that you can use to advertise your Dallas business:
- Give out free merchandise – One of the easiest ways to market your brand name is by giving out free stuff. For example, if you are sponsoring an event in town, then give out free T-shirts that have the name of your business printed on them. If anyone that takes one wears it any time in the future, you’re automatically getting free advertising! It’s smart to make the thing that you’re giving away relatable to your brand. For example, if you sell paper, stationary or greeting cards, give out free pens with your company’s name on them.
- Create referral networks – Team up with other local businesses in the area and create a referral network. For example, if you run a small bakery and the business across the street is a small coffee shop, then you can help each other out with a referral system. This would work by telling your customers to mention your business’s referral across the street at the coffee shop in order to receive a discount, and vice versa.
- Hang posters – Putting up posters throughout town (as long as you have permission of course) is an easy way to bring awareness to your business. However, the effectiveness of your poster depends on how creative and unique it is. A poster that has a few simple graphics, your company name and some information about products and services isn’t going to draw much attention. Just think about some of the guerilla marketing poster campaigns that movies have used over the last few years. The popular film “Blair Witch Project” put up missing person posters for their lead actors to give the film an air of authenticity and to build up interest in the film’s release. The film “District 9” used segregation posters forbidding aliens in certain areas, which mirrored the films alien apartheid premise. Creativity will help you draw attention to your brand.
- Create a fake rivalry – Find another business in town and create a fake rivalry. Obviously, you’ll want to keep it civil, but people love a good competition and it will help to draw attention to both your businesses. It’s a tactic that has been used for decades – in fact, Houdini even did it with his brother, Hardeen!
- Give something away – If you have a product that is affordable enough that you can give it away without losing too much money, such as baked goods, then go to a populated area and do just that. If your product is good, then those who tried it will come back and pay for more.
- Wrap your car – Put your company name and logo on your car, truck or even bike. You’ll be advertising your business wherever you go!
These are just a few guerilla marketing tactics that you can use for your Dallas business. Check out some of our other awesome ideas on our other blog posts.
If you want to get more information on how to activate a guerilla marketing campaign, let’s talk.