If you are looking for a way to expand your Dallas area business, then social media is the way to go. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that social media is only for companies that have a national audience – you can focus on Dallas social media tactics in order to expand your business within the area as well. In fact, Dallas social media strategies should be used by every company in the area, no matter what the size of the company is. The following are five tips for using Dallas social media in order to grow your business:
1. Start a Facebook Group – While almost every company has a Facebook page in this day and age (and if you don’t, you should), not many companies have their own groups. Don’t base the group on your business; instead, base it on something that relates to your business that your target audience will share as an interest. For example, if you sell running shoes, create a group around the hobby of running. This allows members to engage with you as well as each other about different aspects of the hobby, from what their diet is to how many miles they run a day. You’ll also be able to advertise running events and sales at your store to the entire group.
2. Use location-based Dallas social media – Location-based social media sites such as Foursquare are a great way to learn a little bit about your target audience. Mobile-users will use Foursquare to check into the different places that they go to throughout the day. Not only can you keep track of foot traffic to your store this way, you can see where else your customers are going. This gives you the opportunity to work with another local business if it appears like you share many of the same customers.
3. Share content – A blog is one of the best ways to increase web traffic to your website, to increase brand loyalty and to increase brand awareness. Whenever you release a piece of content on your blog, you should also link to it on your social media sites, whether you are using Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or any other site. Doing this will alert followers of your new content thereby ensuring that there will be more readers. Not to mention that if the content is of high quality, then your readers could share it with their social circles, thereby increasing awareness of your company.
4. Hold competitions – A great way to generate interest in your company is to hold contests over social media. For example, if your company has an Instagram account, you could hold a contest in which users submit photographs of your product being used in unique ways. The most unique photo would win the contest and receive a free product or service. You can make the contest even more interactive by letting your followers be the judges.
5. Advertise events – Social media is the absolute best way to advertise an event that you are holding at your store or that you are sponsoring in Dallas. You can use your Twitter or Facebook account in order to share information about events around Dallas or to remind followers about the dates and times of the events. The more people that show up to your events, the more potential customers you’ll have.
These are a few Dallas social media strategies that you should strongly consider using in order to boost your brand awareness and help to grow your Dallas area business.